Head of Platform Engineering (m/f/d) DataOps
- You manage a cross-functional product team owning the shared infrastructure and services of the company’s Data & Analytics Platform that supports the needs of internal stakeholders in terms of scalability, resilience, security, capacity, and operational maintenance
- You develop and deliver the platform through a set of reusable services that enable data engineers and data scientists to build data products with maximum velocity, quality, and scalability
- You work closely with data product teams to ensure that data products built on the platform are coherent and leverage the platform in the best way
- You establish and deliver a platform engineering roadmap ensuring that all products and services deliver value to the business and follow a future-ready architecture
- You anticipate platform features by tracking product backlogs, obtaining stakeholder input, monitoring industry trends, and collecting business needs
- You lead with technology expertise across the company and act as an ambassador to the data & analytics platform
- You live a culture of constant learning, integrity, and mutual responsibility
Further details apart from the job description as well as information about the company are available during the application process.
- Flexible remote work possibilities
- 30 vacation days
- The working hours are flexible
- A great team spirit in an international company
- Exciting career opportunities as well as possibilities for professional development
- Benefits like a company pension scheme, stock program, a canteen, free parking spots, child care and a company doctor
- You have a Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- You have 10+ years of experience in designing and delivering data and analytics platforms
- You have a deep, multi-year technical expertise in Cloud-based architectures in the area of Analytics, Big Data, BI or IOT specifically on the MS Azure platform
- You have extensive experience in engineering and operating platforms within a DevOps/DataOps organization – delivering tool chains and automation
- You have substantial experience in agile delivery methodologies, such as SCRUM or Kanban, and related software tools such as Azure DevOps
- You are fluent in English with high confidence in both verbal and written communication; German language skills are a plus
- Ideally you have hands-on expertise on services such as Azure IoT, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure ML, Databricks, Azure Functions, Power BI, as well as open-source technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes
- Skills in designing software architectures (e.g. domain-driven design) and in modern programming languages, such as Python, SQL, NodeJS, C# are a plus
TechMinds is an HR consultancy with a main focus on Tech & IT.
Your advantage: Through us, your application documents are sent directly to the decision maker. In addition, you benefit from free advice on all your career questions. And you get an authentic insight into the daily work routine of your potential employer at an early stage.
Please send us your application via the following application button or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only present your application documents to our client if we have your consent.